
It's the hardest thing to watch someone you love reject your warnings to go there own path. I can hardly get the words typed as I think of what I'm losing. I gave you second chances, how could I not. You're my brother, my flesh, my blood, my best friend.
Well not anymore.
I remember when you were born. Charis and I thought you looked so cute. I remember putting my finger in your crib and you held on tight. I remember that's when your nickname came about. Goose. You hated it at first but all through life it's what we called you. You were only 4 years apart from me. I loved and took care of you. Not like a father to a son, but like a big brother to his little brother. I remember you used to get mad at me for making you go get me things like my personal servant. All though in the end this ended up biting me in the butt. As we went through life together so did our bond. You became my best friend. We did almost everything together. We liked the same music, TV shows, video games, and all around stupid activities like lighting off fireworks at peoples houses.
But something changed in you. You started to do dumb things. At the time I just let them go due to age difference. But you didn't stop. You got really violent. I tried to talk to you about it, but it only fueled you to feel you could take anyone on. The hardest thing for me to do was tell our parents to have the police pull you out of school in handcuffs. But at the time and even now, you're still being stupid. I fear you won't see the repercussions of your actions till a long time down the road. But by that time, there may not be many people beside you.
So hold on to the anger, Relish in the pain and feelings it brings. Don't let it go. Make it become your new best friend. Let it consume all thoughts you have that deal with the anger. Block out voices and pleas. Let it swell up within you and release it on who you please. Take good care not to let that anger die. Because in the end it cost you me.
From this moment I will daily erase and remove you from my life. You are not my brother. You have rejected all my hands of friendship and truth only to laugh at them. This is not my choice. This is not my doing. I gave you a chance to right the wrongs to fix your mistakes. You chose to continue to hurt those who did love you and never know me again.
Goodbye Jared. My brother, best friend, that part of you that makes up me and now stranger.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Jared
Posted by Ted at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment