Sunday, March 8, 2009

I see before me

To my opponent,
I must smile as I stare at your shadow figured outline. You seem to think I will bow my head in shame and let you claim your prize. I find it funny that you should think I would let you overcome me. Do you think you know me so well? Do you think to be so cunning as to best my intellect? I see you chose to mock me? So I take one step, and then you follow. What next? We to dance like a synchronized couple? It doesn't matter what you say. It doesn't concern me what you plan to do. What will affect the outcome will be the choice that is finally decided. I know that as the days continue to grow darker and colder you will try to use this as a crutch for me to stand with. I won't do it. To many times have you and I danced and the conclusion has been the same. I lose and you lead. Your words are like random babbling to my ear, and I won't hear them. You have to be more clever then in the past to get me to move. But the truth is, I won't budge. This game isn't new and I've been around the board a few times. This time is the time you will have to submit defeat at my hands. So what will you use? What will you say? What will you set in motion or plan for me the so-called easy opponent? Let the morning roll into night, it won't change my disposition. To many of a time have I listened to your warm words. Not a day has passed that I wasn't fooled by your justifying actions. With each encounter comes a scar. With that scar brings a memory. With that memory brings knowledge. With that knowledge I will not fail to see the signs again no matter what form you bring it. It's coming to a end. I can see coloring beginning to burst into a new path, a new direction. It will be you or I. Here it comes now. The victor of the battle. I have stood my ground and only now will I see the fruits of my labor bear true to my words. This is the end for you, my other in this struggle. You did your best. But I would not be moved.

I see. I understand now. Now matter what truth I held. No matter what tricks I fended off it wasn't enough.

Are we to do this for eternity? Will no one ever hear me?
Your silent smile burns and eats like a acidic cancer to my walls of righteousness and will.

This isn't the end of the story, I will return. One day, there will be only one left. I just hope it is me and not the other me I see before me.

2 comments:

Emil said...

you have an awesome way with words jay....i love your blogs

Ted said...

Aww Emil now I'm I'm blushing. I love your blogs too they let me see inside your world that you share with CoRri. Which both of you I miss.