- co·ma·tose
2 : characterized by lethargic inertness
I'm so drawn to the night. Silence is what surrounds me as I step out on to my deck. I look up at the stars that shine as though it was only for me to see and no one else. The cool night air touches my body and makes me feel at ease with everything that is thriving next me. I start to wonder how the night brings about a sense of detachment from the rest of world who is up and about during mid day. The night is my favorite time and I love dwelling in it.
I woke up this afternoon at 3:47pm. My eyes hurt and shown of red as if I was never asleep. I thought about if staying up til 9:00am is a good idea. I guess we will find out tomorrow. I grab my book that I'm reading (Eragon) and begin to head toward my cellar. My cellar is a room located next to my room. It goes down some stairs to the bottom most part of the house. I go and sit on my couch and begin to read. After a hour of reading I come to the conclusion that I am in a state of living but not alive. Wait what? I questioned my self. But after looking at what I do on a daily basis I've concluded I'm not content. As the Switchfoot song says "We were meant to live for so much more" and so am I. After that self reflection I began to think about other people I know and people in general. I started to compare people to myself. I'm a downer. I think this is due to my upbringing and hard life times.
I started to think about my friends, and what they were doing. If anyone asks hey how are you? What are you doing? What is new? The only answers I could give them would be: good, nothing, and I just got a new book. But after going through this train of thought I think who cares? Nobody does. That's the point of them asking. Even if I had wonderful things to say that are happening in my life that is where the conversation ends. People only say it as a way of holding your attention to say "Hey I like you but I'm not that interested". Besides as life continues and turns people fade away. All that is left is the idea or memory of a time you shared. Which is now gone and changed to something you can never return to. The only remedy to that situation is to make new memories with the person who you shared the past ones with. Does this happen? Sometimes. But like I said people move on.
So then I think instead of these thoughts of negative what is the solution to the problem of being in the state you're in? I pondered in the cellar randomly looking at the window for answers. One came, it was that in order to be not comatose you must change your surrounds, outlook, and over all just the normalcy of your life. I let those thoughts marinate til I decided to get up and go have some Dr. Pepper.
Dr. Pepper tastes really good by the way. It also seemed to be a companion in the midst of a house with only a old crazy lady down the hall and three dogs locked away in a closet. What to do, what to do I ponder. I could finish reading my book to move on to the next one so that I can read the new one....but I'm still a little sleepy. I could play a video game. That brought of feelings of anger toward my Xbox360. Stupid Xbox(it's not working, and I have to get it repaired). I finally landed on going back to sleep in my dark room.
Moral of the story is I woke up at 8:00pm nothing was going on. My parents were home. But soon went to bed. I paced around the house. Then stepped outside to see the stars. Then wrote this.
Music plays as I finish this blog for today. I really love music for all of its wondrous sensation it brings. Notes and lyrics wash over me and take me away. Where depends on what thoughts or emotion is evoked from it.
6 comments:
Two things...
1) You need to put on a night robe and smoke a pipe when you write these things. I totally see you writing like that, and it would totally enhance you...hahaha.
2) i DO care about you, you emo jerk. I miss you and everybody from Timber like heck, so be happy and smell the pretty yellow flowers.
1) Should I have clothes on under the robe?
2) I was talking about all the friends I have. And how all the different paths we have taken through the friendship. Most of them are like the post. Next blog I'll make sure to include you as not either of those.
Jerk ...you know I love you even dispite your drama. Hehe James says your blog sounds like me. I just wrote one about friends ... Anyway James and I love you and are here when you get your ass up and out of the house;) come take a trip.
i think people like you & me are meant to live slightly off-balance, always looking for the better thing. i know some people whose expressions of emotion reveal that they have no doubts about their lives. i'm not sure that's a healthy way to live.
keep writing; it helps me know you better.
p.s. yes, you should have clothes on under the robe. minimal, though.
How is it that your life seems to be parallel to mine? I do the exact same things every day. I stay up all night and sleep the morning away. And what do I do all night? Hell if I know.
To Charis: When I get some cash I will come up. See you in 10 years lol
To My Best Friend: I agree with you. Although at times you are ten times smarter than me lol. I was just telling Marc how we are alike. How you and I like to sing together and how deep we are.
To Rose: I don't know actually. I stay up cause I have nothing better to do and I like the night. When your stuck at home you do whatever. Because your comfortable here.
Post a Comment