Saturday, October 4, 2008

Which to Bury, Us or the Hatchet

Why is it so hard to follow Jesus? Why is it that doing what he asks seems to us like poison? You think we would get it. You think I would get it. Doing what is asked of me by our beloved Savior is something that will make not only my Father happy but also I. Why are we to repeat the mistakes of others before us? The Lord's own chosen doubted him when he was there by fire and cloud. But NOOOO they needed a god right now. Which is also interesting how fast they made an idol. How long was Moses gone for? A year? But here it is 2008 and loving our neighbor as we love are selves is still one of the hardest to follow. Not to mention all the things like being humble. Which in turn brings along submission to our God instead of ourselves.

I was in the cellar watching TV. Well VH1 to be exact and honest. I was watching NWA:The Most Dangerous Group. For those of you who don't know about NWA please seek out wikipedia.com. While watching the documentary there came a part where two of the members of NWA fell out of favor with each other. This caused a clash of words with lyrics and music. While both members where on non-speaking terms, one of the two members died of AIDS. Listening to how the other felt about this tragic death that took his friend I was taken back. He said he felt stupid. This was his good friend that he grew up with and the last four years of his life where of them fighting. He said that he wish that he could go back and bury the hatchet so he could spend the rest of his friends last years being together. When he said the word "hatchet" my brain quickly browsed my song memory banks. I remembered Relient K's song which is the title of my entry. Why is it that we care so much for the bad memories and forget all the good ones. More times then not the good out weigh the bad. Once again we as humans are stupid.

God's love to me is so amazing that it brings me to tears when it is spoken to me. Not because of how it is unending, but more of how I am so undeserving. For times in my life I've used God like a whore. I only went to him when I wanted something. Oh God I'm sick heal me. Oh God I need a job. Oh God fix the problem I'm facing. But when God wants me to do the simplest things I say um no thanks. When my tears fall down my face it that of embarrassment and shame to the one who made me. Who also can kill me. Who sent his son to save me. And all he wants is for me to love him and seek him like I wish in return. See the stupid? My old friend told me one time that God sent his son, loves me no matter what, and has given me everything. Serve him? It's the least I could do. That threw me for a loop when it was told to me. It was the least he could do.

Lets go at it this way. I'm not God. Thankfully so because we might all be dead. But if you were to make your own creatures and give them a world to live in, food to eat, others to interact with, and watched over them. What would you do if they acted as we do? Uh huh dead! But I'm not God. He loves me and you because he like our own parents sees what we can be. I mean he gave Adam the task of going out and exploring the Garden and naming and commanding all the creatures. God let him do that. Because of the potential that we have. He also put a tree with a fancy name in the Garden and said don't eat from it. Why did he do that? He is all knowing. Yet we have free will. Because of the potential. That is how much God loves us. What did we do by the way? We were stupid.

If anything comes from this blog it is that we all need to do one thing. And really do it. Not just kinda do it. Really dig deep and think of what the meaning of this one thing is. Love your neighbor as yourself.

By the way if you don't love your self that is the first step. Me included.

In an off topic note I would have to say Relient K's music, all of it is the key to my soul.

1 comments:

Miss Rose Virginia said...

Thanks for writing this, Jay. That's all I have to say for now.