The air is cold and filled with a life of its own. I watch as each poor dog dares its self into the prodding darkness. I close the sliding glass door and watch as two of the three go to take care of business. The littlest one waits back for a small drink and then ahead she goes to join the other two. I stand on the deck looking into the sky. The stars seemed to be pleased with the new set of eyes fixed upon them. The sky was clear and every bright light was there to see in all it's splendor. The wind not to be kept backstage was preforming so well that my small companions started to think other living things were near. After five minuets the black carpet of a dog Abby comes up first. She then realizes that there is nothing special up here. So down again she goes. Next to come up is Peanut. Peanut is the littlest one out of the three. She and I have a invisible bond. A translucent speaking language that only she and I know. She can feel my thoughts and emotions and I her. She looks around to see if anything new has made its way to the deck that she hadn't known about. Almost after she had finished her insight to the familiar area, a bully came out of the night and washed over her. This fiend was shouting and blowing with its powerful force. I stood still with my hands in my pocket gazing down at the scared little girl. The wind blew through me cutting my robe like it wasn't there, and in the end left no mark or trace of contact. Then again came the sound of the violent actor. I looked down to see Peanut trying to scare the unknown being away with a small bark. This didn't work as the wind gave reply in the same fashion as before. She then began to hunch her head and start to become frighten. I looked down at my little dog and said "Don't be afraid, I'm right here. It's going to be OK". She looked at me ran up next to me, then back where she was scared and confused. I brought each dog in and sent them to bed. As I made my way to the computer a flash past my eyes to my brain.
That was me.
I was scared.
I tried to shout at the unknown in defense to my misfortune. But God was there. He said the words I said to Peanut. But like my small dog I felt myself hunch to the ground in fear. Like a small animal I ran to God then back to my problem, scared and confused. My problems like the wind will come and go. I need to be steadfast and know that there is someone in a robe standing next to me protecting me. Life is funny sometimes.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
A Dance with the Wind
Posted by Ted at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment